Monday, February 28, 2011

EA Sports Active NFL Training Camp 60 Day Challenge: Day 39, Workout 24

60 Day Challenge Day 39, Workout #24
Candlestick Park, San Francisco, Trainer: Frank Gore
Time: 36:23
Calories Burned: 261.3
Avg. Heart Rate: 120 bpm
Max. Heart Rate: 165 bpm

As of this morning, Phase 2 is complete! I am a little intimidated by what Phase 3 is going to throw at me, but I'm feeling good about stick with the program so well at this point. Life has been quite busy lately, so I haven't been able to blog every single workout, but I've been keeping up. Here's a look at my calories burned chart over the last 30 days:
Click to enlarge


You can see the insane 300+ calorie workout from last Friday. That was a tough one, but honestly, they all have been lately. Prone knee drives have become my most hated workout. The game registers the motions fine, they're just hard to keep up for 45 seconds. I'm actually able to get through a whole 45 second set now without pausing, but I know that means the game is just going to increase the duration soon.

Nothing much to report from today's workout - lots of the usual stuff: squat jumps, prone knee drives, lunges, etc. Lets talk results for a minute. I know a lot of people look to the scale as the main indicator of how they're doing. For me, its a lot more about how I feel and how I look than what the number is on the scale, but that doesn't mean I won't monitor my weight. When I started the program I was weighing in around 187-190 lbs. I'm 6'0", so I wasn't terribly overweight, but considering I don't have a whole lot of muscle or anything it wasn't really a healthy weight for me. My last weigh in this weekend - 184 lbs. Not a big difference, but I'm not disappointed. I'm noticeably trimmer and more toned than I was before I started the program. I haven't reached my ideal figure yet, but I can tell I'm making some headway. My arms, chest, and stomach have more definition than when I started. My legs feel much stronger than they were. I wouldn't say the results are drastic, but its only been a little over a month. The results are noticeable though and I feel like at the end of the 60 day challenge I'll really have something to be proud of. So starting this Wednesday, bring on Phase 3!

2 comments:

  1. having started on phase 3 myself (as of 3/1) i can say everything youve said is spot on...if you want to do this you will see a difference and feel a difference in your body...i know everyones body is different but having taken pictures of before and ongoing throughout, i can tell you that it can be a very noticeable transformation...i started the challenge for the hell of it just to see if it could actually work...it has!! keep up the blog drew....

    oh...phase 3 starts out on the up and up..up..up...just remember workout#21...ha!!

    and i agree about the prone knee drives, great exercise but i love to hate them...

    the "anonymous commenter" mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curious I'd you had any advice for the running back challenge?
    No matter how hard/fast I fire my feet, jump the bags or fling my arms out to knock the dummies, I can't seem to score more than 675 pts. Any tips?
    Thx and nice blog!

    ReplyDelete