Saturday, February 5, 2011

EA Sports NFL Training Camp: Report 6, Day 19

60 Day Challenge Day 17, Workout #11
FedEx Field, Washington, Trainer: Donovan McNabb
Time: 30:19
Calories Burned: 202.4
Avg. Heart Rate: 121 bpm
Max. Heart Rate: 161 bpm

Another tough workout today, this time focused on the upper body. Still, there were a lot of jump squats and stride jumps to keep my heart rate up. I had some trouble with the tricep kickbacks today. The game didn't seem to register me holding my arms up and would tell me to hold still. After holding still for about five seconds, I couldn't hold still anymore, so I kind of had to cheat to get the game to record the exercise. I still did actually do the exercise, but it didn't register all that well and I had to repeat the motions a lot of times to get through it - kind of frustrating. Alternating leg raises were tough today - had to do two sets of 16. These leg raise exercises seem to be doing a lot for my core though. My abs are going to be sore tomorrow. I can already tell.

Below is a graph showing my historical calorie burns since I started the challenge:


Calories burned historical graph (click to enlarge)

Today was my second day of burning over 200 calories. It doesn't sound like a whole lot, but I can tell I'm getting a good workout. My average heart rate of 121 was one of the highest I've recorded yet.

I've got a busy week next week, so I decided to alter my workout days to Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday to give myself the best chance of not missing a workout. Two sets of back to back days might be a challenge, but I'm up for it. Its a day off from my NFL workout tomorrow, but it certainly won't be NFL free. Go Packers!

No comments:

Post a Comment