Monday, February 7, 2011

EA Sports NFL Training Camp: Report 7, Day 21

60 Day Challenge Day 21, Workout #12
M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, Trainer: Roy Lewis
Time: 32:19
Calories Burned: 200.8
Avg. Heart Rate: 111 bpm
Max. Heart Rate: 160 bpm

First of all, what a great game yesterday! I didn't really have anything invested in the outcome, but I've become quite the Aaron Rodgers fan, and it was great to see the Pack hang on despite so many critical dropped passes.

Okay, today's workout was alright, but I do have one major complaint. The DB Challenge (defensive back) just feels broken. There is a section where you are standing in the middle of four cones and you are supposed to lunge towards the cone it tells you (front right, back left, etc.) and it just doesn't want to work most of the time. I try moving the sensors around and realigning my body into strange Twister-esque contortions and it just seems almost random what it accepts as being the correct movement. Then there is a section where it throws balls and announces which direction you need to move in order to catch them (its either left, right, or up high). I catch every ball to the right and miss every one that is up high or left. What is odd about this is that in the WR Challenge (wide receiver), there is this exact same drill and I catch everything.

Its frustrating, because while I do really enjoy this game/exercise program, every once in awhile there is a glitch that I feel really impacts the quality of my workout. My heart rate came way down for the few minutes of the DB Challenge where I was struggling to get the program to record my movements. I think I'll just skip this one the next time it comes around.

So the big news after the workout was over... Phase 1 is complete! Excellent, I'm 1/3 of the way through the 60 day challenge! On to Phase 2 starting tomorrow. I'm looking forward to the increased challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment