Thursday, February 17, 2011

EA Sports Active NFL Training Camp: Day 29, Workout 17

60 Day Challenge Day 29, Workout #17
Ralph Wilson Stadium, Buffalo, Trainer: CJ Spiller
Time: 30:08
Calories Burned: 198.0
Avg. Heart Rate: 122 bpm
Max. Heart Rate: 161 bpm

Workout 17 was last night and it was probably the most difficult workout I've had yet. I don't know what it was, but I was just feeling fatigued right off the bat. The workout focused on the lower body with a lot of squat jumps, bag hops, and prone knee drives. For whatever reason, I just really didn't want to keep going when I got to the first set of prone knee drives. I started to feel a little bit sick and had to pause for about five seconds during the first set of prone knee drives. By the second and third sets of jump squats, I was barely getting my feet off the ground. I think I hit a wall last night. Here's my workout summary chart:



Workout summary (click to enlarge)
 I'm glad I made it through the whole workout, but I was honestly a little disappointed that I didn't break 200 calories. For whatever reason, this felt like the most difficult workout I've had, but that may be because I just felt fatigued going into it rather than it being particularly intense. Today is a welcome rest day and I really hope tomorrow's workout goes better.

One slight annoyance I had during the workout yesterday was this prompt that kept coming up telling me the batteries in my heart rate sensor were low and that I should change them before my next workout. Okay, fair enough, I appreciate the heads up, but what bothered me is this message came up four times during the workout in the middle of certain exercises. For example, I'm doing shoulder presses, have my hands above my head, the Wii remote is on the floor, and the message pops up. I have to stop, put down my weights, grab the remote, push "Okay," put the remote back down, pick up the weights again, get back into shoulder press mode. Now if it was like my batteries were almost totally dead and I needed to replace them right away, I would understand, but the message just says to change them before the next workout. I made it through my workout without changing the batteries, so why prompt me four times while in the middle of my exercises? One even happened mid-throw in the QB Read and React Challenge. Come on EA, if you're reading this, fix this in your next game. Put the reminders during the little breaks between exercises, and you don't have to tell me four times in 30 minutes that I need to change my batteries before my next workout. If I get one message and eventually my monitor turns off, I'll know what happened.

Okay, sorry, that rant ended up being longer than I thought. Time to enjoy day 30, a nice day off and the halfway point of my 60 day challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment