Wednesday, February 9, 2011

EA Sports Active NFL Training Camp Report: Day 22, Phase 2 begins

60 Day Challenge Day 22, Workout #13
Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, Trainer: Kevin Kolb
Time: 30:00
Calories Burned: 217.3
Avg. Heart Rate: 123 bpm
Max. Heart Rate: 172 bpm

I did workout #13 last night, which was the first workout of Phase 2! Let me tell you, about 1/3 of the way through the workout, I was wondering how I was ever complaining about the intensity of the last few workouts. Things were pretty relentless last night with squat jumps, prone knee drives, and leg raises. The leg raises were sets of 20! I thought the sets of 16 from last week were brutal...

Here's my workout graph from last night:

Workout 14 chart (click to enlarge)





More impressions after the jump...




My heart rate definitely peaked during those prone knee drives following a set of 30 stride jumps. This workout seemed to challenge me as much as the first workout challenged me. My legs are noticeably sore this morning, and I feel like it may be worse tomorrow. Thankfully my next workout isn't until Friday.

Things are getting really busy at work lately, so its becoming more of a task to get my workouts in, but I feel like having a calendar with set workout days is somehow keeping me honest. I haven't missed one yet. I know that if I wasn't on a rigid program I'd have definitely skipped some workouts by now. For some reason, I just can't bring myself to miss one of these. I've been getting up super early or working out late at night some days just to make sure I don't miss one.

Because I have a couple of days off now, I think I am going to try to write up a troubleshooting blog post, particularly applicable to the Wii version. I've had trouble with certain exercises and I'd like to share my experiences with how I've made them work or cry out for help on the ones that I haven't had any luck with. Keep an eye out for that post in the next day or two.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Drew,
    This is Lisa, the National Wii Fitness Examiner. I also write a blog, and I wanted to let you know I wrote about your blog as part of my Wii success stories series. Here is the link to that post:
    http://www.wiifitnessandgaming.com/2011/02/wii-success-story-at-shaping-up-with.html

    It looks like NFL Training Camp is really working out for you!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa, thanks for the press! I enjoy reading your articles on the Examiner and I think I'm well on the path to becoming a success story here.

    ReplyDelete