Monday, February 14, 2011

EA Sports Active NFL Training Camp Day 27, Workout 16

60 Day Challenge Day 27, Workout #17
Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, Trainer: Tom Brady
Time: 33:18
Calories Burned: 207.4
Avg. Heart Rate: 108 bpm
Max. Heart Rate: 150 bpm

Sorry blog world if I've been neglecting you. Its been three workouts since my last post. Life's been super busy the last week, but the good news is I haven't missed a workout. Check out my calories burned chart to see how I've been doing:

Historical Calories Burned (click to enlarge)


I've been consistently burning 200+ calories for the last several workouts. Today was focused on the lower body, so my average heart rate wasn't as high as its been during the full body workouts, but that doesn't mean it wasn't exhausting. Lots of squat jumps, lunges, and bag hops to really give my legs a challenge. Had two sets of alternating leg raises and two sets of reverse crunches today too - those are ab killers.

Okay, so its been about four weeks now since I started the 60 Day Challenge. How am I feeling?
Overall - pretty good. How about a pros and cons breakdown?

Pros:

  • I just feel more fit. I don't get winded running up the stairs in my house. I went on a semi-strenuous hike the other day and seemed better off than most of my friends.
  • Having a routine of working out four days a week and sticking to it makes me feel good. Lets hope I can keep it up.
  • My stomach/waist is looking a little trimmer. Like most guys, that's where I carry most of my excess weight. I can see a little improvement here already.
Cons:
  • I do wish I was seeing more results. I know four weeks isn't much, and I'm reserving judgment until at least the 60 day challenge is over. While I do feel good, its hard to stay realistic about your goals when you're working so hard.
  • I am still struggling with some technical glitches in a few exercises and general difficulty with the resistance band exercises. I've started substituting hand weights for the bands in certain exercises. Would be nice if they just told you that was an option off the bat.
  • I wish the workout calendar was more flexible. Sometimes its a scheduled day off and I'd like to do a workout that counts towards the challenge, but there's no way to change your schedule the same week, you can only change the schedule for the next upcoming week. Maybe this is good because it keeps you disciplined and its harder to blow off workouts, but there are unexpected situations sometimes that I wish I could adjust for.
Anyway, that pretty much sums up how I'm feeling at the moment. My workout days this week are Monday, Wedneday, Friday, and Saturday. Happy Valentine's Day all! I'll try not to eat/drink too much at dinner tonight so that my hard work from this morning doesn't go to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment