Wednesday, February 2, 2011

EA Sports NFL Training Camp: Report 4, Day 16

60 Day Challenge Day 16, Workout #9
Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, Trainer: Chad Ochocinco
Time: 26:53
Calories Burned: 204.0
Avg. Heart Rate: 123 bpm

Finished my workout about an hour ago and it was INTENSE. Below is a graph showing my average and maximum heart rates for each workout so far:
Heart rate graph (click to enlarge)

You can see that my average and maximum were down a bit the last couple of workouts before today. Well, today they upped the number of reps for some of the exercises. I was doing sets of 10 squat jumps in the past - today they were sets of 15. Stride jumps used to be sets of 20 - today they were 30. There was one stretch of three exercises where I really thought the game was trying to kill me: 1 set of 10 squat jumps, 1 set of 15 squat jumps, then 1 set of 30 stride jumps. My heart rate peaked during the stride jumps at 175. Pretty impressive considering I've rarely been above 150 in the past workouts.



It was a tough workout and I'm glad the game is stepping things up and continuing to challenge me. I'm thinking I'll be pretty sore tomorrow, but Wednesday and Thursday are my back-to-back days, so I'll have to power through another workout. I think I'll shoot for an early morning workout so I'm too tired to fully realize the torture this game is putting me through.

On an overall level, I'm feeling proud of myself for sticking with the workouts so far. I know its only been about two weeks, but it feels good to have a regular routine and really be keeping up with it. I'm trying not to worry about actually seeing results this early on because I think that is pretty unrealistic. I am feeling better and more in shape though, and I'd like to think that by the end of the 60 day challenge I see enough results to encourage me to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment