Friday, March 11, 2011

EA Sports Active NFL Training Camp: Workout #29

60 Day Challenge Day 52, Workout #29
Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, Trainer: Matt Cassel
Time: 38:32
Calories Burned: 305.7
Avg. Heart Rate: 131 bpm
Max. Heart Rate: 182 bpm

I did workout #29 last night rather than Wednesday because I had some friends in town and just didn't have an hour to spare on Wednesday. I also have to workout tonight and Saturday, so that means three days in a row of workouts. Here's a look at yesterday's workout chart:

Click to Enlarge
It was a pretty cardio-heavy exercise, in that there were a ton of jump squats (5 sets of 20) and stride jumps (3 sets of 40). There was one particularly brutal series of exercises as follows: Set of 20 jump squats, another set of 20 jump squats, 45 seconds of foot fires, 40 stride jumps. I was tempted to sit down and catch my breath after the second set of jump squats, but I just kept going. My heart rate hit 182 during the foot fires, the highest that that game has recorded for me. My average heart rate of 131 is also the highest I've ever recorded. Overall it was a really tough workout, but I survived.

I think I only have four workouts left in the 60 day challenge.In Phase 3, I feel like I really turned a corner, like I'm actually in decent shape now. I know that I'd like to see myself lose burn off a little more fat, so I need to make sure I keep up the intensity after the challenge is over. I definitely feel stronger and healthier, but I think this is really only the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment