Tuesday, March 15, 2011

EA Sports Active NFL Training Camp 60 Day Challenge: Day 56

60 Day Challenge Day 56, Workout #32
Reliant Stadium, Houston, Trainer: Matt Schaub
Time: 41:24
Calories Burned: 321.0
Avg. Heart Rate: 124 bpm
Max. Heart Rate: 169 bpm

Yesterday's workout was a lower-body focused workout, which I really didn't have too much trouble with. Not to say it wasn't a challenge, but I didn't find myself cursing the television as much as I have in some past workouts. Here's my workout chart from last night:


I think I've finally gotten to the point where I don't dread the prone knee drives quite as much as I used to. I had three 45 second sets in last night's workout and I powered through all three without really slowing down. In the past, I have had to stop mid-set a few times. I was certainly gasping for breath by the end of each set yesterday, but I made it through. I didn't have to take any extended pauses (more than 30 seconds or so) between any exercises last night.



One issue I've been having which I haven't mentioned before is the arches of my feet getting sore. This happens mostly when I have exercises like stride jumps, prone knee drives, and lunges in succession. I don't wear shoes when I do these workouts, so I think the strain on my feet is much greater when I do exercises that require me to land on the balls of my feet. Its not a huge concern, but it can get a little bit annoying/uncomfortable. The reason I don't wear shoes is because I'm trying to keep the impact on the floor to a minimum. I'm fairly sure some of the sound passes through the floor to my next door neighbors (I have shared walls, and I can hear when they run up and down their stairs) so I work out on a fairly think foam mat and don't wear shoes out of courtesy. Just something I thought I'd mention.

Anyway, I'm getting to the end of the challenge here (two more workouts) and I am looking ahead to my next steps. I'd like to keep NFL Training Camp in my workout rotation at least twice a week, or more often if I can't find a good alternative for the other days. I have read there is a new fitness game from Ubisoft that is out today called Fit in Six, which is supposed to concentrate on six elements of fitness: Cardio, Balance, Upper Body Strength, Lower Body Strength, Core Strength, and Flexibility. I haven't seen any reviews yet and I'm not sure if I'm willing to just take the plunge and try it out just yet. I think I'll wait a few days and see if any reviews roll in before I make any decisions. Fit in Six looks cool and has a camera feature which lets you see yourself on the screen next to the trainer to make sure you're doing the exercise right. That sounds pretty helpful, as a lot of gyms have mirrors that allow you to see what you're doing. I'll keep you all posted if I decide to dive into Fit in Six or maybe just pick up again with Gold's Gym Cardio Workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment