Tuesday, March 8, 2011

EA Sports Active NFL Training Camp 60 Day Challenge: Workout #28

60 Day Challenge Day 49, Workout #28
Mile High Stadium, Denver, Trainer: Knowshon Moreno
Time: 41:21
Calories Burned: 304.0
Avg. Heart Rate: 127 bpm
Max. Heart Rate: 171 bpm

One more in the books. I actually had a hard time with the stride jumps last night - my legs were just feeling really tired for some reason. There were three 45 second sets of prone knee drives, the exercise I love to hate, but I'm actually doing a lot better with them now. Here's a look at my historical calories burned chart over the last 30 days:

Click to Enlarge


There has been a bit of  variability over the last several workouts, but the overall trend is definitely an upward one. The three highest bars are all 300+ calories burned. During phase 1, I was only burning about 150 calories per workout, so there is definitely progress being made. I think last night's workout took about 50 minutes in actual time elapsed from starting the first exercise to finishing the last one.


 I'm finding the core exercises to still be pretty difficult to do exactly right (reverse crunches, leg raises, crunches with punches) for the full number of reps because they always put two exercises back to back. Yesterday is was 24 reps of alternating leg raises followed by 20 reverse crunches. My abs were in some pain about halfway through the reverse crunches, especially the second time (these exercises showed up back to back twice in yesterday's workout). It can be difficult to keep pushing, and I have to remind myself while I'm working out that slowing down or taking a break is really only cheating myself. It sounds cliche, but its true. I'm not doing this workout to appease the game, I'm doing it to get in shape, and not using correct form or not pushing myself hard isn't going to help.

Alright, I'm in the home stretch now - just a week and a half to go. I'm hoping after the 60 day challenge is over I'm able to keep using some of these intense workouts in my normal fitness routine and find some new workouts as well. Its time to start thinking about what I want to take on next.

1 comment:

  1. Keep it going Drew! I've got 2 workouts left in the 60Day Challenge so I feel your pain and gain.

    The two drills that drive me nuts are reverse crunches and the lunges in the DB challenge as the system requires robotic precision otherwise it keeps telling you not to move or to start moving.

    Anyway keep it up. Giv'er

    Scott

    ReplyDelete