Monday, January 31, 2011

EA Sports NFL Training Camp: Report 3, Day 14

60 Day Challenge Day 14, Workout #8
Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Trainer: Joseph Addai
Time: 28:34
Calories Burned: 174.9
Avg. Heart Rate: 104 bpm

Got up nice and early this morning (6:15) to get my week going with an NFL workout. Check out the screenshot below that I grabbed from the EA Sports Active website, which shows the details of the workout:

Today's workout summary graph (click to enlarge)

The black line shows calories burned, while the white line shows your heart rate. If you put your mouse over and of the dots, it shows you the details of that exercise (Stride Jumps in the screetshot). I'm about 90% sure my heart rate monitor was not registering properly during a few of the workouts which you can see in the middle. I haven't had this problem before, but I doubt that my heart rate fell below 100 while I was running around in the WR obstacle course.

Overall today's workout felt a lot more challenging than Saturday's. It focused on the lower body, so there were a lot of squat and lunge type of exercises. My legs felt pretty weak walking up the stairs to the shower.

Well, there's one more in the books. I'm still feeling really positive about this workout program. Saturday seemed a little too easy, but today had me sweating and struggling again (in a good way). Off day tomorrow and then my back to back days Wednesday and Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Came across your blog on EA's forum and thought I'd drop by. I'm starting my second week of phase 2 and it has definitely gotten tougher, but it's worth it. Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shaun, thanks for checking out my blog. I think phase 2 is going to start for me next week, but things are already getting difficult. I'm looking forward to the challenge though. I hope we're both able to stick with it to the end!

    ReplyDelete