Saturday, January 29, 2011

EA Sports NFL Training Camp: Report 2 (Day 12)

60 Day Challenge Day 12, Workout #7
LP Stadium, Tennessee, Trainer: Vince Young
Time: 25:59
Calories Burned: 151.3
Avg. Heart Rate: 104 bpm

I've got to be honest, today really didn't challenge me much. I feel like I've been getting in better shape, so that might explain it a little bit, but my previous workout on Thursday left me out of breath a lot more and my average heart rate was around 112 if I recall and calories burned was over 190.

Summary of the exercises: 3 stretching exercises, shoulder presses, jump squats, foot fires, bent over rows, jump squats, lateral shoulder raises, QB obstacle course, bent arm side planks, reverse crunches, push ups, foot fires, jump squats, single arm bent over rows, foot fires, overhead tricep extensions, field goal challenge, bent arm side planks, reverse crunches, then four stretching exercises.

My impressions of the workout:

  • QB obstacle course is fun! You get to do various exercises where you simulate throwing passes to receivers and avoiding defenders.
  • I still do not really like the resistance band, to a point where I tried using free weights on some of the band exercises today (like the shoulder raises and tricep extensions). Using 10 pound weights, I felt like I was getting a better workout, but it is difficult to hold both a weight and the Wii remote in your right hand. Maybe attaching a little velcro to each would be a good idea?
  • The field goal challenge was fun, but my living room feels a little small for it. I have about 9 feet between my TV and couch and I definitely felt a little cramped trying to take two steps and then kick.
  • Foot fires (getting into a squat and rapidly lifting your feet up and down), while only for 15 seconds at a time, really get your heart rate going. I now dread them (kind of in a good way) when they are coming up.
  • I didn't have any trouble with the sensors not reading my movements today. I've had trouble in the past with reverse crunches, but I've learned that the leg sensor needs to be close to parallel to the ground for it to read being in the "down" position. Once I adjusted my form, I haven't had a problem.
I think in my next blog I will speak a little bit about the online stat tracking that is featured on the EA Sports Active website. I am just getting into it and I'd like to spend a little more time checking it out before I give my impressions. Maybe tomorrow would be a good day to do that since it is another designated rest day.

No comments:

Post a Comment